Well, it's been FAR too long since I have done anything creative with my photos. However, inspiration just hit and I completed our sledding fun pages. I thought I would share because I love them so much. Also, it helps me to see your layouts and such to get ideas smoking. Hopefully, my work can do the same for you.
Below is an action shot collage. I like it. :)

This one I wanted to share because I am big on getting as many pictures as you can onto a page and have it still look nice. I came up with this layout as I was trying to fit all these on and thought, "why have I never figured this out before??" Anyway, I think it is very clean looking and a format I will probably use again. :)

OK, So I am interested in your opinions about this one. I didn't have this idea originally, it was a work in progress. I had several 'on the hill shots' that I didn't want to let go to waste. The (true) background (very upper left people) is of people watching a run-away sled (bottom right corner) with an empty white hill. I liked the pic, and wanted to use it as a background, but didn't want the sled to get lost since that's why I took the pic. So I put more hillside people and then I thought, why don't I put all the people sliding down the hill on one pic? Save space, right? Now it looks like a where's waldo of family members, with several duplicate people, of course. But I think it captures the essence of the day and the empty sled is sort of comedic for those who notice it.
What do you think?? Too messy? Crazy? Honestly, I can't wait to get it printed. I think I will be able to form a true opinion when I see it in my hands. I would love your honest feedback about it though. :)

I got this idea from Alissa with her 'free spirit' page of Emilie doing her twirl walking. I thought it was so great to put cut-out images of her on one page to highlight the movement of the moment. So I used it for Kale's spill. Thanks for posting your work. I LOVE to share ideas. :)

This one I loved for all the smiling faces. Alan says it looks 'brady bunch'-ish. What do you think?
This page below will face the smiling faces page. So you will see them both. I wanted to post it so you could see the layout and the "sleds and smiles" title to make the point of the smiling face blocks more poignant.
Anyway, that's what I have been up to lately in my creations. I would love to see more of what you have been up to! Since I am hoping this creative kick will keep it's momentum. It's a space I really enjoy in my mind!

I got this idea from Alissa with her 'free spirit' page of Emilie doing her twirl walking. I thought it was so great to put cut-out images of her on one page to highlight the movement of the moment. So I used it for Kale's spill. Thanks for posting your work. I LOVE to share ideas. :)

This one I loved for all the smiling faces. Alan says it looks 'brady bunch'-ish. What do you think?
This page below will face the smiling faces page. So you will see them both. I wanted to post it so you could see the layout and the "sleds and smiles" title to make the point of the smiling face blocks more poignant.
Anyway, that's what I have been up to lately in my creations. I would love to see more of what you have been up to! Since I am hoping this creative kick will keep it's momentum. It's a space I really enjoy in my mind! Oh, and I also liked using the snowflakes as a sort of theme to tie the pages together... not that the white and snow suits wouldn't do the job... it just felt artistically appropriate. :)
3 comments:
I love them! I think they all turned out so cute. The one were everyone is coming down the hill really works! It was such a fun creative way of using a lot of shots. I don't think it is too much at all. I thought it was really inventive. Most of the best scrapbook pages I have loved are the pages that a really clean and really help you focus on the pictures. I think you did a great job! I have some that I have been working on, so I can post them in a bit. Thanks for sharing them!!!
One more thing, on the hill page, something you might try in order to kind of blend the pictures a bit more is to use the eraser tool on the outer boarder of the smaller layers. But change the mode on the eraser tool to the basic brushes (then choose the brush and the bottom of the basic brushes). It will erase the picture's hard lines and blend it with the picture underneath it.
Brooke, I loved your layouts! The one on the hillside did make me think of where's waldo but I think the most important thing is that it made me laugh which I think sets the mood for what was going on!!! Well done!
Post a Comment