Sunday, October 5, 2008

Grandma's 95 birthday

A few weeks ago my brother and my sister and I were cleaning at my Mom's. She has a "bouquet" of peacock feathers that she has had on her mantle for over 40 years. In the process of moving them, they tipped over and some of the feathers got bent. I tried to talk my mother into getting rid of them but she wouldn't hear of it. I told her I would make her a card with them so she could keep the memory of the feathers. Still she wouldn't part with them. Later she gave me a few of them that had broken and the rest she put back in their vase. I made her a birthday card for her 95th birthday out of one of the broken feathers.

2 comments:

Joy said...

I love how the center of the feather looks like a heart. Oh, the things we hold on to. Very beautiful!

Alissa said...

I love that idea! I am sure she loved that card! You are so good at thinking outside the box when it comes to cards. You are so good at looking at all things to incorporate in card making!